AMA Citation Style incorporates the set of rules, recommended by the The American Medical Association Manual of Formatting Style, 9th ed.
The American Medical Association (founded in 1897, the largest association of medical doctors and medical students) in its Manual provides instructions and recommendations for authors and editors dealing with research works for review and publication.
Referencing in AMA Citation Style, you should keep in mind the following.
- the names are to be inverted
- only initials for first and middle names should be used, with no space
- surnames should be followed by initials without periods
- surnames containing prefixes or particles should be spelled and capitalized according to the author’s preference
- in case there are more than 6 authors – the first 3 authors names are to be followed by “et al”; if there are 6 or less of them – all the names are included; if no author is given, you should start with the title
- the edition statement ( 5th ed. or Rev ed.) should be included between the title and place, in case it’s not the first edition
- if there is not continuous pagination through the volume, the month and day are to be included
- the accepted Index Medicus abbreviations of journal names are to be used
- the following information should be included: the name of the webpage, the name of the website, the full date of the page, and the date you looked it through
- only the first letter of the first word and proper names are to be capitalized, as well as abbreviations that are always capitalized
- should be made at the end of the work
- should be listed numerically, in the order they appear in the text
- while citing the same source more than once, the original endnote number should be reused including the specific page where the reference was made
- abbreviations of states, not postal codes are to be used
- 12 point font size ( Times New Roman or Courier) should be used
- text should be double spaced
- Document should be left-justified with a right margin.
Custom written paper specially for you to make difference in your academic career! Have your free plagiarism report included. Do not pay for cheap help – choose quality writing service! Buy your custom written paper from Writing-Services.org! Order today – get a discount tomorrow!
Purchase through PayPal!