Posted On May 31st, 2012 | Term Paper Writing
Business term paper is a kind of writing that shows one’s success in studies. Since business term paper writing requires deep research of the literature and attention to details, it is quite a difficult assignment. Besides ordinary rules of keeping to proper style and structure, there are so pitfalls necessary to look through before starting one’s term paper on business. The list below is made to provide information on most common mistakes.
Five Top Mistakes in Writing Business Term Papers:
- Plagiarism. The most serious punishment is done to those who just copy and paste others’ thoughts. Since business term papers contain a lot of figures, number, and percentages, one should always provide reference to the source. If there is a big amount of figures, it is better to make the sentence a direct citation with quotation marks.
- Wikipedia and Blogs. The information for the investigation in the paper should be a primary source or relevant – books, anthologies, business-related articles, official websites. Wikipedia, blog, magazine articles, etc. cannot be used for academic writing. One mustn’t use abstracts from others’ works either.
- Wait until last minute. Term papers on business require much time and effort to complete, one needs to study a big amount of information. When writing the work at the last minute, one may make mistakes in figures or repeat information. In addition, absence of proper outline is likely to cause incoherence of the work.
- No checking. Before handling or submitting the paper, one should carefully proofread it. Figures and percentages often spoil in finding spelling mistakes eventually. Moreover, the work should not contain grammar or stylistic mistakes either.
- Mixed citation style. There are a number of styles used with such kinds of paper – MLA, APA, Harvard, or Chicago. One may find in Google or college library enough sources containing information about formatting paper in a particular style. Thus, use these guides.
One should follow these tips to avoid the pitfalls common for students while writing academic papers. One more recommendation – choose the topic that is interesting for you; it will helps write a decent paper.