“Writing a children’s literature research paper – is it so difficult? It seems that books for children are funny and do not have some hidden meanings”.
This is what many students think about literature for kids and writing children’s literature research papers. And this is the main reason why they fail their projects.
In order to help you succeed in making your children’s literature research paper, we have highlighted the main rules you should stick to. Besides, below we offer some other useful tips.
Before you get down to work on your children’s literature research paper
So, before you start working, make sure you know the main features of literature for children as a genre. Literature for children is:
- simple and straightforward, but this does not mean you should use overly simplistic vocabulary in your children’s literature research paper;
- didactic (tries to teach children);
- about childhood;
- focused on action rather than on some deep thoughts and feelings of the main characters.
Important information about children’s literature research papers
As a rule, children’s literature research papers should be not less than 10 pages long. Your paper should have a strong thesis statement. Teachers also require using at least two-three secondary sources. All sources should be accurately documented according to the rules of MLA or APA style.
More details about your children’s literature research paper
- You may focus on any aspect of literature for children;
- Your children’s literature research paper can be done as a typical literary analysis;
- You can make a piece of creative writing that will help to disclose a topic.