The majority of students often underestimate the importance of report writing considering it just another writing assignment.
However, the importance of report writing has long been recognized by the instructors. Unlike students, they understand the real importance of report writing and duly appreciate its ability to develop necessary writing skills in students.
So, what are these skills and what is ignoring the importance of report writing fraught with? These are the questions that this article attempts to answer.
Importance of report writing: vital skills development
Not every student succeeds in writing a good report for the first time. And the biggest problem is not the complexity of this task. On the contrary, writing a report is easy if you get to the back of this assignment. It will get even easier once you acquire and develop skills necessary for report writing. With regards to this, the importance of report writing consists in its development of the following skills:
- Vocabulary choice. Report writing requires you to use specific words and terms to express your ideas.
- Brevity. As you practice in report writing, you will learn to use fewer words to form sentences.
- Accuracy. Report writing does not stand beating about the bush.
Ignoring the importance of report writing
Ignoring the importance of report writing is fraught with serious consequences some of which are as follows:
- Weak reports. You will not be able to structure your reports properly and to clearly express your ideas.
- Poor writing skills. Your other papers will be poorly written – you will hardly be able to touch the ground when covering the topic.
Therefore, there is much sense in acknowledging the real importance of report writing!