Students should know that creating a questionnaire is a very complicated and time consuming job. First, students should think about a topic which is both interesting and vital.
Respondents should be interested in answering questions.
Second, questions should be specific and at the same time understandable for those who are going to answer them.
Thus, students should create a questionnaire which would contain urgent problem directed at appropriate audience.
When the mentioned problems are considered, it is high time one shifted to the creation of the questions for survey.
Here are some specific hints students should remember.
Tips for formulating questions for survey
- Questionnaire should not be too long as well as the questions for survey. It is boring to read information which is too long.
- It is inadmissible to use too complicated words and unjustified terminology where it is not necessary in questions for survey. Grammar constructions should be simplified as well. It is not a language test.
- It is understandable that not all questions for survey may be interesting. In this case, students should start their questionnaires with interesting and catching questions.
- If students create questions for survey with multiple choices, they should remember that the list of options should not be too long.
- It is always easier to analyze closed-ended questions for survey. At the same time open-ended questions for survey can contain more specific and truthful information as respondents are not limited in their choice.
- Questions for survey should be put in a logical order. It is natural that respondents should first answer the question “Do you like watching movies?” rather than “Which genre in modern cinematography do you prefer more?”